Bulgarian Students Admission after Grades 8 and 9
Admission of Bulgarian Students after Grades 8 and 9 for the 2019-2020 School Year
The American College of Sofia offers admission to Bulgarian students after the completion of 8th and 9th grade. The policy is in response to great public interest and corresponds to the mission of the College to provide first class education to talented and motivated Bulgarian students and to prepare them to meet the most challenging academic requirements of any university in the world. The College has built a reputation of a prestigious secondary school with high academic standards and many extracurricular opportunities for its students. After the successful completion of the course of study, students receive a Bulgarian and an American high school diploma.
Who May Apply:
All Bulgarian students or permanent residents who fulfil the following requirements:
1. They have successfully completed Grade 8 or Grade 9 in 2017-2018 school year in Bulgarian schools on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria. Students from foreign schools on the territory of Bulgaria are not eligible for this program.
2. They have a GPA of at least 5 for their last year of study. This is certified by a final year-end transcript.
3. Their year grade in Bulgarian Language and Literature for the last year of study is at least 5. If you have any questions regarding the conditions for applying please do not hesitate to contact us before you register for the exam.
1. REGISTRATION – December 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019
To register online please visit https://www.erblearn.org/parents/isee-registration
The registration fee of $110 is payable directly to ERB.
2. ADMISSIONS EXAM – April, 2019
The applicants will take the standardized ISEE test (Independent School Entrance Exam) in English language. The test is prepared and assessed by the external organization for independent academic assessment ERB (Educational Records Bureau) http://erblearn.org/. The American College of Sofia is the test site for the Admissions exam. All applicants will take the Upper Level of the ISEE exam.
- About ISEE:
The ISEE provides a standard assessment of each applicant’s academic skills at a certain age level. This test does not grade particular knowledge in a particular subject area. The ISEE test consists of the following parts: (a) Verbal and quantitative reasoning tests that measure a student's capability to interpret information.
(b) Reading comprehension and mathematics achievement tests.
(c) An Essay. The ISEE essay is timed and written in response to a prompt. The essay is not scored by ISEE; it is photocopied and sent to ACS for reference. Total timing of the Admission exam: 2 hours and 40 minutes.
3. POSTING OF ADMISSIONS EXAM RESULTS – May, 2019
The results of the admissions exam are sent by post to the address provided by the applicant during the online registration.
4. INTERVIEWS WITH SELECTED CANDIDATES – May, 2019 – June, 2019
Based on the test results, selected applicants will be invited to an interview.
All applicants who have successfully passed the Admissions exam may enroll at ACS under the tuition policy set for Bulgarian students at the College. Students may apply for a tuition fee reduction (Financial Aid) corresponding to the financial need of their families. ERB and ACS do not organize preparatory courses, nor have ever authorized any organization or individual to engage in such activity. ERB has created materials, which are free for download, to help students prepare. The booklet provides sample questions, scoring information, test directions, and other information that helps the students prepare for the test.
You may download a free copy of the “What to Expect” booklet HERE.
Maria Ilieva, Chief Executive Recruiter
Tel.: 02 / 434 10 10, ext. 419
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org